Monday, August 16, 2010

Charcoal Scrub

I have been running out of my scrub routine since months, and with a very free weekend my skin demanded some attention. I didnt want the same age old Everyouth scrub, its not that i dont like it, just that, i am a kind of person, who gets bored of things pretty easily...........
I have been trying pretty hard to get hold of Biotique Papaya scrub, which Tanveer has tempted me to buy...but unfortunately its always out of stock at the place that i go for...

This prompted me to create a homemade scrub, since it was a lazy weekend, and i had all the time in the world to experiment....

Anamika from wiseshe.com, had recently posted a review on Lush Coal cleanser, which just enticed me.......but the pricing part, Rs 600 for a 100gm soap, made me drop the idea...

I have heard rave reviews of Lush as a brand...and wanted to know if the products really work, but with the steep price, i was just not ready for buying it.

The lazy weekend prompted me to have my take on the charcoal scrub :)



This is my version of the Charcoal scrub:

Ingredients:
1) Charcoal piece
2) Rose water

Grind the charcoal, add rose water, get a consistency of your choice, and apply.
Let it rest for 5 mins...

Pros:
1) To my surprise it worked, my skin was baby soft and supple
2) I had some tinie winnie pimples, which just vanished, dont know how..
3) It kind of took care of the excess oil, and didnt leave my skin dry.

Cons:
1) very hard to clean
2) Messes up the entire place
3) Abrasive, people with sensitive skin, pls make a note of this point

All in all, i found it worth a try...because no scrub gave me the soft skin, which this scrub gave me, and bonus is at the convenience of my home, and at almost dirt cheap price....

4 comments:

  1. great yaar...will try it..and let u know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anamika: wow, i was so missing your comments... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!!

    I am sipping my tea and enjoying your blog...have been not regular with it but will be now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anamika: aish hain madam ke, enjoy your stay at your parents place

    ReplyDelete

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs