Matar ki puri:
1 cup of green peas
1 boiled potato
green chilles depending on the spice intake that you can handle :P
Oil to fry
1) Make a dough with flour, salt, and ajwain...it should be a bit tight like the ones we make for puri
2) Grind peas, with ginger, green chilly, salt.
3) Take oil in a pan, saute the above paste till peas has cooked.
4) Now add the boiled mashed potato...
5) Cook for a while, stuffing is ready
6) Make puri's of the dough, and put a spoonful of the stuffing in it, seal it, and again make a puri...
7) Fry the stuffed puri's in small batches, and they are ready to hog.........
What i love about this puri, they taste divine, and the stuffing can be prepared in advance and kept in the freezer for a week, and can be made as and when desired...and ofcourse the health benefits of green peas...
Green peas are power packed with vital vitamins and nutrients.
- They contain many of the vitamins of the B group, required for metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. They are a rich source of vitamin B1 or thiamin. Green peas are full of natural (or folic acid in the synthetic form), a water soluble vitamin B. They are a good source of vitamins B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin) and B6 (pyridoxine).
- Green peas are also rich in vitamins A, C and K.
- They are an excellent source of iron. Moreover, there are considerable amounts of calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, copper, iron and potassium.
- They contain as much protein and energy as meat, being high in good quality protein.
- Green peas are one of the best sources of soluble fiber.
- Finally, they are low in fat.:D